Werner Finley’s Screw chillers are distributed under two series, broadly categorised based on cooling media i.e. Air-Cooled or Water – Cooled, the water quality used for the process and the ambient temperatures under which they are made to operate. All these chillers are made to be compatible for both indoor and outdoor installation. Screw chillers are available starting from 40TR and above. Werner Finley offers a bare chiller option wherein the water reservoir and pump are absent. In a package chiller there can be 2 skids; one for the chiller and one for the tank and pump. This option is customised based on the client’s availability of space.
Screw chillers contain single or two compressor circuit redundancy options depending on the capacity. Screw chillers are designed to work for varying load. Two types of compressor systems are available based on the nature of loads i.e STEP CONTROLL & STEPLESS CONTROLL. STEP CONTROLL Compressors work for step loads i.e 25%, 50%, 75% & 100%, whereas STEPLESS CONTROLL Compressors work for infinite loads i.e anywhere in-between 25% to 100%. Each chiller comes with a dedicated microprocessor or PLC-based chiller controllers which determine the number of compressors to run based on the amount of heat load. Due to these features, the Air Cooled Screw Chillers are energy efficient and offer redundancy based on the criticality of the application.
Soft start enhances motor start performance in many ways including:
- Smooth acceleration without the torque transients associated with electro-mechanical reduced voltage starters.
- Voltage or current is applied gradually, without the voltage and current transients associated with electro-mechanical reduced voltage starters.
- Lower start currents and/or shorter start times because constant current control gives higher torque as motor speed increases.
- Easy adjustment of start performance to suit the specific motor and load.
- Precise control over the current limit.
- Consistent performance even with frequent starts.
- Reliable performance even if load characteristics vary between starts (eg loaded or unloaded starts).
- In addition to superior starting performance, soft starters also provide a range of features not available from other reduced voltage starters. This features include areas such as:
- Soft stop (which helps eliminate water hammer)
- Motor and system protection
- Metering and monitoring
- Operating history and event logs
- Communication network integration
The extra features built into soft starters can reduce the overall installed cost of the equipment and reduce the long-term maintenance requirement.
- Single-speed drives start motors abruptly, subjecting the motor to high torque and current surges up to 10 times the full-load current. In contrast, variable-frequency drives offer a "soft start“ capability, gradually ramping up a motor to operating speed. This lessens mechanical and electrical stress on the motor system and can reduce maintenance and repair costs and extend motor life.
- Variable-frequency drives allow more precise control of processes such as water distribution. Pressure in water distribution systems can be maintained to closer tolerances.
- Energy savings from variable-frequency drives can be significant. Affinity laws for centrifugal pumps suggest that even a small reduction in motor speed will highly leverage your energy savings. Variable-frequency drives can reduce a pump’s energy use by as much as 50%. A variablefrequency drive controlling a pump motor that usually runs less than full speed can substantially reduce energy consumption over a motor running at constant speed for the same period.
Trained Service Engineers
- 24/7 x 365 Service
- Genuine Spares
- Service within 24 hours for any location in India
- AMC with and without spares